The image can be downloaded at: http://mirror.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/cs9313/Xubuntu.zip
1. Download and Install VirtualBox
2. Download the zip file and uncompress it, and rename the file "xubuntu-disk.vmdk" as "xubuntu-disk2.vmdk"
3. Open VirtualBox, File->Import Applicance
4. Browse the image folder, select the "*.ovf" file
5. The image will be imported to your computer, which may take 10 minutes
comp9313 is used as both username and password. The hadoop installation path is the same as in the virtual machine on lab computers.
Hadoop MapReduce and Eclipse+plugin have been installed and configured.
The video recording of the first lecture is still not available now. I've contacted the IT service center. Hopefully there is no problem...