Hi COMP4418 Students,
In Question 18 of the final exam (the Sequent question), the question is missing the text "if it does not hold, provide a reason". In other words, if you believe that the sequent does not hold, please write as such and explain/prove why.
The Practice Exam has been created and is now available via a link on the Moodle page for this course. There should also be a link for you to create an account for Inspera, which is the platform we will use for the final exam.
Repeating from the previous notice, the practice exam is shorter than the final exam and in the final exam you will have to upload a file for each of the short answer questions.
Please don't hesitate to make a forum post or email me at email@example.com if you have any queries about the practice or final exam.
As a reminder, the final exam for this course worth 55% of your final grade will be on Thursday, 9th December 2021 at 1:45 pm. The details of the exam are as follows:
You will have 3 hrs (+ 15 mins reading time) to complete the exam.
The exam structure is:
* Part A: 20 Multiple Choice questions. Each question has 5 alternatives. Each question in this section is worth 2 marks. There is a penalty of −0.5 marks for answering a question in this section incorrectly. There is no penalty for not answering a question. In other words, you get no marks for a question if you do not attempt it and you lose half a mark for getting a question wrong.
* Part B: 2 Short Answer questions worth a total of 20 marks for Introduction to KRR, Formal Logic and Reasoning, Commonsense Reasoning.
* Part C: 2 Short Answer questions worth a total of 20 marks for Decision Making.
* Part D: 4 Short Answer questions worth a total of 20 marks for Non-monotonic Reasoning, Reasoning about Actions.
The exam will be online and open-book, hosted on Inspera which is similar to an online Moodle quiz. For each of the short answer questions you will have to upload a file (could be pdf or image) showing your working out and your answer to the question.
Everything that has been covered in the course is examinable.
Soon we will open up a practice exam which has questions similar in style to what you will receive in the final exam. Note that the practice exam is shorter than the final exam, and that for the short answer questions there will be text boxes for you to enter your solution whilst in the actual final exam you will have to upload a file for each question showing your solution.
Candidates may bring to the examination:
* A device to access the Inspera quiz via the Internet
* Pens, pencils and paper for problem solving.
* Any notes, lecture slides, source code, or textbooks.
By starting this exam as a student of The University of New South Wales, you do solemnly and sincerely declare that you have not seen any part of this specific examination paper for the above course prior to attempting this exam, nor have any details of the exam's contents been communicated to you. In addition, during the exam you will not communicate with anyone except the Course Convenor. Violation of this agreement is considered Academic Misconduct and penalties may apply.
FIT TO SIT
By sitting or submitting an assessment on the scheduled assessment date, a student is declaring that they are fit to do so and cannot later apply for Special Consideration.
If, during an exam a student feels unwell to the point that they cannot continue with the exam, they should take the following steps:
1. Stop working on the exam and take note of the time.
2. Contact the Course Coordinator immediately and advise them that they are unwell.
3. Immediately submit a Special Consideration application saying that they felt ill during the exam and were unable to continue.
4. If they were able to advise the Course Coordinator during the assessment, attach screenshots of this conversation to the Special Consideration application.
If students experience a technical issue, they should take the following steps:
1. Take screenshots of as many of the following as possible:
* error messages
* screen not loading
* timestamped speed tests
* power outage maps
2. Contact the Course Coordinator immediately to advise them of the issue.
3. A Special Consideration application should be submitted immediately after the conclusion of the assessment, along with the appropriate screenshots.
My advice for preparing for the final exam is:
Morri's section: Make sure you understand how to do syntactic and semantic proofs for both propositional and first-order logic. There are practice exercises for these on WebCMS. Also make sure you understand the definitions and terms used in this section.
Haris' section: Make sure you understand the axioms and which problem contexts each axiom is applicable to. Coming up with your own examples and counterexamples can help here. Also make sure you know how to do the computations and calculations from the lectures.
Abdallah's section: Make sure you understand the structure of an ASP program, and practice coding NP-Hard problems using ASP.