This notice is used to publish FAQs for the final exam and will be kept updated during the exam.
Please do not post publish questions in Ed, since it will disturb the other students. Please send me emails directly.
1. You can submit multiple times before the due time.
2. You need to submit a single zip file, including the following documents: a single pdf containing the answers, and two Python scripts for Question 3.
3. The time zone should be AEST, not AEDT. I am sorry for the typo. Please ignore that. I have updated the exam paper already.
4. In Question 3.(a), "T3 SensorA 11.0" should be "T3 SensorA 12.0". You do not need to worry about the precision problem.
5. In Question 4.(ii), there is also a typo: the second hash function should be (7n+2) mod M. I have updated the exam paper Already. Note that you need to use WORDS as tokens. The shingles should be unique and have no duplicates.
6. In Question 2.(a), it means that you need to find out the maximum number of characters in a term contained in the news articles from that year. For example, you have "2017: The Australian brings you the latest Australian news as well as latest politics". The longest length of terms is 10. If a term spans over two lines, in the first line there will be no space character at the end. The news articles always start with "YEAR: ", like "2017: ". You need to check the beginning of a line to see if it is a new article.
7. In Question 6.(a), you can only show the updates of the distances and ignore the paths. This could save you some time.
8. We already received several submissions. However, I still would like to give all of you 10 more minutes to prepare for the submission. Please manage your time well, since the submission due is approaching.
A quick reminder that the final exam is scheduled for tomorrow, between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM (AEST) on August 22th. We will release the final exam paper on WebCMS and Moodle at 7:55 AM (5 minutes prior to the exam start time) to allow extra time for downloading and uploading. Remember that you are required to submit your exam on Moodle.
Here are some important guidelines for the exam day:
Please allocate 5 minutes towards the end of the exam for submission. Submissions received after 12:00 PM will incur a significant late penalty of 5 marks per minute (unless you have adjustments based on an Equitable Learning Plan). Please well managed your time during the exam. Answer the easy questions first.
Kindly ensure that you are well-prepared for the exam. I want to emphasize that the exam must be attempted individually. Engaging in group work or using generative AI tools can lead to academic misconduct. For more information, please review the details at this link: https://www.student.unsw.edu.au/plagiarism .
Wishing you all the best of luck in your exams.
After a few rounds of communication with the school, I can confirm that the online exam time is 8:00 - 12:00 on 22nd August. We need to start the exam so early because some students also need to take an exam in the afternoon. The school requires that enough time should be given for the break and transportation. The exam paper will be available in both Moodle and WebCMS3.
We will get all submissions of Project 3 tomorrow (because the longest extension is 7 days), and thus we may not be able to complete the marking before the final exam. I will run an extra consultation this Thursday at 1 pm, to take questions regarding the final exam and Project 3.